FREE IN-PERSON EVENT
Islington Carers Hub and Create are teaming up to bring carers in Islington a series of weekly arts activities over a period of 6 weeks. The sessions will explore a range of playful techniques including nature printmaking, photography and drawing.
No previous art experience is required. There are a limited number of places and they will be booked on a first come, first served basis. There will be a short break in the middle of the session.
Date and Location
- Thursday 24 February, 10am – 12.15pm.
Then weekly till 31 March 2022 (6 Weeks). You should be able to attend all 6 sessions!
- Gillespie Park at the Ecology Centre, 191 Drayton Park, N5 1PH
Professional artists from Create, the UK’s leading charity enhancing wellbeing through the creative arts.
Benefits of Attending
Through these 6-week workshops carers will:
- Find out about different artistic approaches and craft techniques.
- Spend time exploring and looking at nature and wildlife in the beautiful Gillespie Park.
- Experiment with art materials in a supportive environment, developing an understanding of art processes such as mono-printing, cyanotype photography and ink drawing.
- Have the chance to create your own unique artworks each week.
- Meet other carers with similar interests.
What Should I Wear?
We recommend wearing old clothes, although aprons can be provided. We might also be exploring the beautiful Gillespie Park so recommend warm outdoor layers and comfortable footwear.
How to Take Part?
Contact Carmen, Activities Co-ordinator, to book: CAlcovedes@ageukislington.org.uk.
Can My Friends Join?
The activities are open to adults 18yrs+ and we’d look forward to welcoming your friends. They’d need to be registered with Islington Carers Hub to take part. To register as an informal carer, contact our helpline on 020 7281 3319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.