Join us for our Wellbeing Day on Carers Rights Day!
We hope you can join us for our Wellbeing Day on Carers Rights Day – Thursday, 24 November. This year, Islington Carers Hub is hosting a Carers Wellbeing Day on Thursday 24 November: for a day of “Calm, Wellbeing and Friendship” for Islington carers.
It’s an opportunity for Islington unpaid carers to take a breather from caring, chat to other carers over a free lunch, receive some pampering and discover some techniques to help when life is challenging. There will be lots of opportunity to speak to local providers providing – cost of living support, dementia activities, employment and training opportunities.
You can join us in person or via Zoom.
Download the Full Programme
10:00 Coffee & information stalls throughout the day
Find out about getting a break, guidance about cost-of-living issues, dementia-friendly activities & support, training and employment.
10:20 Opening by Ismail Bahriyeli, Head of Carers and Community
Getting the Most out of Healthcare for Carers
We have a number of speakers talking about how you can get the most out of healthcare.
- Why your voice counts at appointments with the person you care for
- Talking to your consultants and professionals at the hospital by phone
- Access to refreshments and parking
- Sharing techniques for coping & dealing with long-term conditions, e.g. asthma, arthritis, COPD, diabetes
- Meet others and share experiences
- Practical advice based on tutors’ own life experiences
- An introduction to mental health and support available in Islington
- When & how to seek mental health support for you or for someone else
- Support for people looking after someone with mental health issues
- Led by an experienced wellbeing therapist
- Learn simple techniques to use anywhere, anytime to clear the mind
- Relax the body and create effective focus for motivation and success
Join in Person, by Zoom or by Phone
You can join in person at the Upper Holloway Baptist Church, 11 Tollington Way, N7 6RW from 10am, online via Zoom or by phone.
If by Zoom, we’ll send you the relevant Zoom link(s). If by phone, just call us on 020 7281 3319 and we’ll give you the phone number and ID code. Do note that Zoom phone calls are charged at local rates, so please contact your phone provider to check your rates.