During your carers assessment and the needs assessments for the person you care for, you should be able to discuss whether you are able to get a break from caring and how Personal Budgets can be used to pay for this.
If the person you care for is not eligible (or refuses) services from Social Services you may be eligible to apply to the Flexible Breaks Fund managed by Islington Carers Hub.
Remember getting a break could also be something you do for yourself such as an activity or hobby. These can help you manage your stress levels, reduce isolation and help you to keep a life separate from your caring role.
- For information about support for adults with learning disabilities please visit the Council’s website.
- Crossroads Care can provide a range of respite services:
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 020 7485 7416.
- Turn2Us is a service where you can access information about grants which could be used towards things like a break.
Contact: 0808 802 2000
- Revitalise Breaks for Disabled People and Carers
Contact: email@example.com or tel: 0303 303 0145 / fax: 0207 288 6899
- Family Fund grants for disabled children
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 08449 744 099 / textphone: 01904 658085